Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year - New Post

Happy Belated New Year Everyone.

I saw in 2007 in my typical fashion. Dapper, drunk, and dancing. Okay that's not really true. Partly.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but if I did a few would be:

1. Stop ripping tambourines out of lead singers' hands.
2. Stop trying to accompany lead singers on stage in the middle of their set.
3. Stop arguing with the band members about their playlists and demanding "instant requests."
4. Start dancing with women my own age, i.e. under 40 as opposed to over 60.

Given those resolutions, I think you have an accurate picture of my New Year's Eve. If how one celebrates New Year's Eve sets the tone for the coming year, I will probably do jail time this year. (I just knocked wood to make sure that doesn't actually happen.)

Some things I hate about January:

1. Crowded gym.
2. Weight loss and diet tips on every home page. (It would be fine if they would do it quarterly - but once a year is pretty lame.)
3. Quit smoking ads.

Some things I like about January:

1. No more Christmas hair removal ads.
2. Sundance.

A special shout out to aunt for my iPod karaoke gift. I think house parties just got a little more exciting.

I am still officially a freak and geek. I can't get enough of my Wii and Nintendo DS. I'm getting fairly good at Zelda on the Wii, actually. (And I suspect I just lost half of my readers. For the record, I do not D-n-D, do not like Renaissance Fairs, and do not know how to program a computer.)

I have to say, I didn't really like The Pursuit of Happyness. Thinking I must have missed something, I read Chris Gardner's Wikipedia page. Seems to me the movie took a fair share of dramatic license with the man's life. AND in watching it, I knew that somehow that Chris Gardner was the main force in getting the movie made. As opposed to some long time admirer.

Incidentally, even if it would be fiction, I'd still like to see a movie version of A Million Little Pieces.

Finally, if you haven't in awhile, I suggest you revisit the Breakfast Club. I watched it the other night and realized there was alot about that movie that I had forgotten. References I never understood until now.

Today's Song: Alright this one is tricky. Have you seen the trailer for the movie Music & Lyrics starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore? In the trailer, a song queues up 24 seconds in. It's an eighties song. The lyrics don't play. But in my head I hear the chorus and it goes something like, "wait, wait, wait". But I really do not know what song it is. If you have a moment, check out the trailer - and let me know if you know the song.

Here is the trailer. (Again, the song starts up at 24 seconds in.) Thank you to anyone and everyone that gives this a try.

6 Comments:

At 04 January, 2007 11:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out...I hope you get a lot of use out of your new toy.

I'm glad you don't make New Year's resolutions! Otherwise I wouldn't get to dance with you anymore. I'm over the age limit!

 
At 04 January, 2007 12:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song...Is it Haircut 100 - Boy Meets Girl?

 
At 04 January, 2007 13:06, Blogger h.justin said...

Thank you, thank you Susie.

You got the band right, but the song is actually "Love Plus One".

Unfortunately, the song isn't on iTunes - but at least that riddle is solved.

I would hate to go head to head with you on 80's Trivial Pursuit. But I will.

 
At 08 January, 2007 14:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justy,

I have that song on my itunes. I even have it in my car on CD. Do you want it?

 
At 08 January, 2007 14:10, Blogger h.justin said...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for posting.

After auntie solved the riddle, I found the song on-line.

I figured when it comes the 80's, the two of you could and would come through for me.

 
At 08 January, 2007 14:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to be at my new job for a while before I posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home