Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dream Inn - Revised (PW Addition)

This year the art in the Filmmakers Lodge at Sundance was provided by a local artist. You can see her work here. She is a photographer and one of her chief subjects is vintage motel signs. I love vintage motel signs; there are quite alot in Utah. One of the prints hanging at Sundance this year was a photograph of the Dream Inn motel sign. The Dream Inn is located on North Temple, and I always notice it on my way to and from the airport. When Sundance was over, I left her a note asking if I could buy the print. She e-mailed me, we agreed on a price, and I picked up the print today. It's really awesome. I'll post a picture of the picture later. Her work is currently on display at the Salt Lake Arts Center.

Inspired by my recent viewing of Word Play, I decided to do more crossword puzzles. I started with puzzle in the back of OK magazine. And I only did that because I wanted to complete a crossword as fast as the Word Play champions complete a New York Times crossword. You have to start somewhere.

I am very glad it is February. January is a long, long month.

I really have nothing to post about today. In fact, this post bored me. So look at the artist's link I posted above. Pictures worth a thousand words and all.

EDIT: Interoffice E-mail received this morning from PW.

Subject: Super Bowl XL1 (sic)

"I'm sure you all know that Super Bowl XL1 is this coming Sunday. If you don't care, delete this email now :-)

As you can imagine I have double the excitement this year, both my Bears and Colts are in the Super Bowl! I am routing for Da Bears though since they have been my team since I was three, but I digress....

Since it is Friday tomorrow, here's an idea....what if we all dressed in some type of football top (if you are a football fan of course) and got into the mood???? Just an idea.

Ok, back to work now...lol"

Some type of football top.

Today's Song: Say My Name, Destiny's Child

2 Comments:

At 01 February, 2007 11:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of the print hanging in Canella's of the Alphabet made up of the letters from vintage signs in Salt lake. I love that print...and vintage signs. Can't wait to see your new print!

 
At 01 February, 2007 12:19, Blogger Unknown said...

In PW's defense, when the Avs were in The Cup finals in '01, I wore my Avs jersey to work on game days. Yup, I'm a dork.

Is there more than one kind of football top?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home