Monday, January 22, 2007

I really want to do a Sundance post

but it is too hard to remember all the details.

Some highlights:

1. The paparazzi mistaking me for James Franco.
2. Running right into Judith Light.
3. Adam Brody checking me into my Deer Valley condo. Well not him exactly - he stood there while his manager took my money and handled the details.
4. Seeing Winona Ryder in the next room and realizing I would need to keep my valuables in the car.
5. Dropping a Stella Artois in the middle of a Rosie Thomas acoustic set (download "Wedding Day" or "Since You've Been Around" on iTunes) and then having it immediately replaced by a worker.
6. Checking out Parker Posey.

There are more stories, but I'm too tired to write about them. Instead, I am going to go the lazy route and post links to amuse you - and help you realize why you should be watching Joy on My Name is Earl:

This.

This.

This.

And this. Actually - I can't find the best clip: Joy singing Faith Hill. Will keep looking.

Today's Song: Friends, Bette Midler

7 Comments:

At 23 January, 2007 12:46, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

you saw parker posey? i'm so jealous. are you still up there?

 
At 23 January, 2007 12:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watcing Joy since season one and love, love, love her! I was going to avoid the show because Jim liked it...and you know what his viewing tastes are like! Anyway, I can't miss an episode now, she's awesome! Did you see the "Cops" show yet? It's a must see!

 
At 23 January, 2007 13:42, Blogger h.justin said...

sb: I am back to the real world, i.e. SLC, for most of the week, and then back up to Sundance at week end.

Susie: I saw the Cops episode and loved it. Thankfully, the Wilsons turned me onto the show. Like you, it seemed more Jim's speed to me.

 
At 23 January, 2007 13:50, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

i'll watch for you. i'm going to be up there again for the better half of the week and weekend.

note to self: look for david beckham lookalike.

 
At 23 January, 2007 14:01, Blogger h.justin said...

SB: Check out the Filmmakers Lodge in the Elks Building on Main. Everyday from about 4pm to 6pm they have complimentary Stella Artois and Turning Leaf wine as well as appetizers (too lazy to look up proper spelling of hors d'oeuvers).

 
At 23 January, 2007 14:20, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

cool, thanks. i'm going to be alone tomorrow afternoon and will need to kill some time, i'll try it.

i just now realized i'm a member of the press, yeah, color me retarded. i'm going to try and use that to my full advantage this weekend and attempt to slide into some parties and onto some pretty movie star's leg.

 
At 23 January, 2007 14:38, Blogger h.justin said...

I hope you haven't been wasting that press pass! You could and should be getting into some great parties. But the real deal, the golden chalice, if you will, are the hospitality suites and lounges for the celebrities and their entourage (managers, publicists, etc.). I hope you can talk your way into those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home