Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Some Shakins

Car: Is back in action. It was an expensive ordeal and I had to file an insurance claim, but the little car is better than ever - so maybe it was worth it?

Chicago: The hotel was great. The flight was first class both ways. I made it home just fine. My bag didn't. United left it in Chicago. After significant work on my part, I picked it up at the airport last night. I really, really do not like checking bags. For that reason. I'd forgotten that Macys bought out Marshall Fields. I didn't know that Lush had a boutique inside Macys on Michigan. I bought some new boots at Cole Haan and four pairs of Levis at, well, Levis on Michigan. So much for my New Year resolution to reduce consumerism.

Amaryllis: It is now over a foot tall. It grows about an inch everyday. I bet it will bloom in a couple weeks. Thanks again Stella.

Sundance: Starts this weekend. Volunteer kick-off party tonight. Opening party on Friday. And then the usual craziness all week long. I hope the weather warms. If it's in the teens here, it has to be frigid in Park City. The line-up for the Music Cafe doesn't look quite as good this year as it did in previous years.

Phone: I bought a Razr V3x off of eBay. The phone isn't available in the United States and isn't supported by Cingular. However, it is "unlocked" which means my Cingular SIM card works just fine with the phone. The only downside so far - and is turning into a big one - I can't send text messages to e-mail addresses. Which means I can't send pictures from my phone to this blog. Or my e-mail account. I need to find a fix for that.

Today's Song: This Is It (Live) - Kenny Loggins

4 Comments:

At 17 January, 2007 11:06, Blogger stella said...

Glad the amaryllis is still alive. I can't seem to keep any houseplants indoors. Let me know if you see Crispin Glover this year at Sundance. I will swoon vicariously.

 
At 17 January, 2007 15:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny Loggins? Really?

 
At 17 January, 2007 15:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What style/color of Levi's did you get? My husband needs new jeans VERY VERY badly.

 
At 17 January, 2007 15:30, Blogger h.justin said...

Stella: I bet Crispin still recalls your swoon from last year. Jenny Shimizu too.

G: It may well be.

slcup: I cannot lie: I like Kenny.

Deanna: They had a great selection to choose from - quite a few styles were on sale for 50% off (I got mainly slim, straigh fits). I still think you can get better deals on Levis at Sears though. Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home