Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Little of This with Some of That

Generally, I'm pretty formal around the workplace. But sometimes, my formality gives out and I get all too casual. To wit, today greeting a group of secretaries in the elevator with, "What up my bitches!"

I dipped into the office candy jar this afternoon, and a co-worker commented: "I didn't peg you as the candy type." I guess I am not an open book after all. And don't watch what I eat.

To my fellow Darts, take a look at this page and contemplate a Twenty Year Reunion.

Fitness tip: I generally get bored running on a treadmill. So to mix it up, I've been alternating two minutes at my regular pace with one minute at a 2mph higher pace. It makes the time go much faster. Perhaps this is interval training?

Macys downtown is still open. They are liquidating their inventory. Everything is 30 to 50 percent off the lowest marked price. However, they are essentially liquidating crap. ("Get your Giorgio of Beverly Hills fragrance, here!"*) Nevertheless, every time I walk through the store I feel compelled to buy the crap. Both because it is on clearance and because it is my last opportunity to buy at that store. Crap reasons for buying crap.

Today's Song: Year 3000, Busted (shamelessly covered (recently) by the Jonas Brothers - who are they?)

*I should note that I regularly wore Giorgio of Beverly Hills for Men when I was in sixth grade. And I am properly embarrassed by that now.

3 Comments:

At 08 February, 2007 00:03, Blogger Lincoln said...

Interesting tidbit about interval training. You're right about the time going by fast...except when you're on a stairmill. I thought the fact paced sensation of interval training on a treadmill would transfer to a stairmill. Wrong. It made the whole workout miserable. In fact, I quit early. Pathetic, I know.

 
At 09 February, 2007 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures of the DHS 1985 Reunion sure looks a lot nicer than my 10 year, even the ones at the ZCMI Food Cout. Fucking DHS cafeteria! I waited (and dieted) for ten years to have my big "look what you missed out on" moment in Davis High's fucking cafeteria???

 
At 09 February, 2007 15:05, Blogger h.justin said...

Ah Leah, too true, too true. Your comment made me laugh out loud.

I like the Class of 1986 - 20 year reunion pictures. There is alot of beer in those pictures. I think by year 20, everybody is much more comfortable with the booze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home