Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Surprised by Sienna Miller,

confused by Guy Pearce, and disappointed in whoever cast Hayden Christensen as Bob Dylan.

I saw Factory Girl last night. I thought Sienna Miller would bug me, but she didn't. Why isn't Guy Pearce getting better roles? LA Confidential, Memento, and now Factory Girl. He could and should be doing better. I disliked almost every scene with Hayden Christensen.

I am trying post an mp3 of the Velvet Underground's After Hours with Edie singing vocals but internet isn't cooperating.

Today's Song: Who's Zoomin' Who, Aretha Franklin

4 Comments:

At 28 February, 2007 10:55, Blogger Unknown said...

I was surprised Sienna didn't bug me either. She's actually a decent actress.

 
At 28 February, 2007 15:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayden didn't bug me at all. I didn't like Dylan before seeing the movie, but after, I found myself thinking... now if Dylan would have really looked and behaved similarly to Christensen, in real life, I'd so be on board with that.

I thought he did a phenomenal job! Why people are always so quick to criticize him, I cannot comprehend.

 
At 28 February, 2007 15:16, Blogger h.justin said...

I enjoyed Shattered Glass.

 
At 01 March, 2007 09:19, Blogger b-lo said...

I think he was definitely supposed to be Bob Dylan. From her biography, Edie was really taken with Bob from the minute she met him but his casual Rock and Roll lifestyle was so opposite Andy's drug and fashion world, they just couldn't come together. Edie couldn't seem to pull away from Andy so Bob left her.

I really liked Sienna in this but her narrating as a healthy post-rehab Edie was lame. She was never really healed or healthy or drug free. In those days, they gave other drugs to get you off the drugs you were on. If she was actually off drugs it was for such a short period, it wasn't worth portraying in the film. I'm also bugged they never even mentioned her husband's name. He was there when she died and he really loved her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home