Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We Love You For Who You Are!

Last night at the gym, this was on the tv right in front of my treadmill. With closed captioning. Actually, there was a girl on a treadmill in front of me, and the tv with Daystar showing was directly in front of her. She had headphones in and didn't seem to be watching the tv, but I didn't want to bother her and ask if I could change the channel. So I watched for a bit. There was alot of singing. The lyrics were quite simple and went something like this:

We love you God
We praise you God
You are a good God
We love you for who you are

Over, and over, and over. I thought hymns were, I don't know, deeper than that. And that last line sounds almost condescending. When the girl in front of me left, I turned the tv off. I'll watch alot of things at the gym: Friends, America's Next Top Model, Mork and Mindy, Larry King, My Super Sweet Sixteen, Nancy Grace, Entertainment Tonight, etc. But I draw the line at Daystar.

You know that link over to the right for The Sartorialist? Does anybody click on that? I do maybe once a week. I generally like what I see and it depresses me a little because I rarely see anybody around here that would be posted on the site. So yesterday I saw that his current obsession is winter white pants, and today I tried to execute such a look. The results are questionable (laughable?). And I can't help but wonder, would Sartorialist take my picture? There you have it, I am as deep as Daystar lyrics.

Today's Song: Dress You Up, Madonna

5 Comments:

At 21 February, 2007 11:04, Blogger Lincoln said...

I think you should have included a picture of you trying the "winter white pants" look. Just a thought.

 
At 21 February, 2007 11:12, Blogger Sara Z. said...

"Don't go changin', God, to try and please me..."

 
At 21 February, 2007 13:51, Blogger Unknown said...

I check out Sartorialist every couple days. I wish I was as brave as some of the women he features. I loved the post a couple days ago with the turquoise socks. And I'll echo Lincoln, photo please.

 
At 21 February, 2007 14:29, Blogger h.justin said...

Pictures are disabled due to my wonky foreign phone that can't send text messages/photos to e-mail addresses or blogger.

 
At 21 February, 2007 15:33, Blogger Unknown said...

stupid foreign phone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home