Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 Year End Playlist

Because you are dying to know my personal details, I will share this bit of hjustin trivia with you. Every month I make a playlist on my iPod, e.g. January 2007, and I put on the playlist all the songs that I am feeling that month. So if I am put on hold, and Genesis’ “Taking It All Too Hard” is playing on the hold music, I will think, “I haven’t heard that song in awhile - I like it,” and then I will put it on my monthly playlist. Each month then has sort of a musical diary. Then, at the end of the year, I go through my monthly playlists and select one or two or more for my Year End Playlist. So without further ado, here is 2006 Year End - with a little something for everyone, but mainly a lot for me:

Boston / Augustana
Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have / Panic! At The Disco
World Spins Madly On / The Weepies
My Ever Changing Moods / The Style Council
Don’t Stop / Brazilian Girls
In the Sun (Gulf Coast Remix) / Michael Stipe
Neverending Math Equation / Sun Kil moon
Do I Do / Stevie Wonder
The Next Best Western / Richard Shindell
Comfort of Strangers / Beth Orton
Your Love / The Outfield
This Modern Love / Bloc Party
Be Gentle With Me / The Boy Least Likely To
Swing Life Away / Rise Against
Control Myself (feat J.Lo) / LL Cool J
Undeniable / Matt Kearney
Follow Through / Hotel Lights
How We Operate / Gomez
Is It Any Wonder? / Keane
Not Ready to Make Nice / Dixie Chicks
How to Save a Life / The Fray
Hands Open / Snow Patrol
Love and Memories / O.A.R.
Wound Up / Office
Rooftops / Lost Prophets
Here I Am (Kaskade Radio Edit) / D. Morales & T. Keenan
Give Me the Night / George Benson
A Public Affair / Jessica Simpson
Chapters / Commuter
Since You’re Gone / The Cars
Method of Modern Love / Hall & Oates
The Adventure / Angels & Airwaves
Smoke From a Distant Fire / Sanford & Townsend
What Hurts the Most / Rascal Flatts
Too Little Too Late / JoJo
Sexy Back / Justin Timberlake
When You Were Young (LuConte Remix) / The Killers
All I Need / Matt Kearney
Into the Night / Benny Mardones
London Skies / Jamie Cullum
The Gentlemen Who Fell / Milla Jovavich
Together in Electric Dreams / Human League
Running Up That Hill / Placebo
Suburbia / Pet Shop Boys
Domino Dancing / Pet Shop Boys
Brighter Discontent / The Submarines
So Long, So Long / Dashboard Confessional
And I Am Telling You / Jennifer Hudson
Irreplaceable / Beyonce
Hands Down (feat Michael Stipe) / Dashboard Confessional
All the Trees of the Field . . . / Sufjan Stevens
Time of Our Lives / Paul VanDyk

So there you have it. If I were a true music blogger (which I certainly am not), I would post mp3's of each song. Two words: too hard.

Another personal detail: I cut my eye open on the faucet last night while washing my face.

Today’s Song: As I Go, Richard Swift

4 Comments:

At 05 January, 2007 13:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's some slcup trivia: I gave myself a black eye yesterday by hitting myself with the phone receiver.

Great list, btw.

 
At 05 January, 2007 13:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it bad that I laughed when I read the part about you cutting your eye? If it is...I'm sorry. On a related note one of my worst facial injuries occurred when my cat jumped down from the top bunk onto my bed below. He landed on my face and slashed my nose and lip open.

 
At 05 January, 2007 14:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

milla jovavich?? has an album?

 
At 06 January, 2007 10:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect timing on posting the list. I was planning on organizing my music this weekend, now I have some new things to add. I would let you know which songs I liked best, but realistically, it's not going to get done for weeks, if not months from now.

On another note, when I was home for christmas, I was washing my face in the shower and accidentally jammed my pinkie finger up my nose-pretty far up my nose. OUCH. Well, at least it's not a visible cut I would have to explain to people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home